Job OverviewThe job responsibilities include managing and developing group business accounts in the local, leisure and convention market segments and handling of the booking process from inquiries to final details before handing over to operations. This job involves a lot of research and account development. Sales Managers will be conducting a proactive sales effort though prospecting, sales calls, site visits, client entertainment, trade shows and attending local and national industry meetings and events. In addition to group sales the Sales Manager will be responsible to develop or assist with locals’ promotions in order to drive foot traffic in off peak and shoulder time periods.
- Establish and maintain a client base of organizations, associations, social, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales effort for the purpose of securing business for Margaritaville to ensure that the group sales expectations are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting all prospecting efforts through Caterease and sending to Sr. Sales Manager prior to sending to VP of Sales.
- Responsible for achieving monthly and annual group sales budget.
- Respond to and follow up, in a timely manner, to all group/event inquiries assigned by Sr. Sales Manager by phone, e-mail and/or personal visits.
- Attend weekly manager meetings.
- Develop and maintain a solid lead referral network by entertaining and calling on key local hospitality colleagues with local Hotels, DMC’s and the CVA or CVB.
- Attend local industry meetings and functions to network and stay top of mind for business referrals.
- Develop ideas and creative proposals to use in soliciting accounts and closing business.
- Develop and maintain local promotional programs and events for off peak seasons.
- Develop and maintain relationships for promotions with corporate clients, partner event coordinators and business associations.
- Conduct market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Keep General Manager, Sr. Sales Manager, and VP of Sales aware of any potential situations or concerns.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Enforces responsible alcohol management.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and ability to communicate properly to clients.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by General Manger, VP of Sales, and Sr. Sales Manager.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum two – four years in the hospitality industry or sales in a managing or supporting role
- Full service hotel sales experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision making abilities
- Able to travel and work some evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)